Get the latest from the Gantt & subscribe to our mailing list.
Family First: Create An Art Puzzle
- Ages 5 & up
About This Program
Create your own puzzle with teaching artist Kimberly Turner!
Grab the entire family and join teaching artist Kimberly Turner to create your very own art puzzles inspired by multimedia artist Mickalene Thomas! For this fun workshop, we will use bright colors and bold patterns to create our unique interpretation of Thomas’ style, followed by a careful carving of our creations into puzzle pieces. You will have the chance to show your work at the end of the workshop (optional). Amaze your friends and family with your very own homemade puzzle!
This workshop is open to all ages and experience levels. Although the supply list below allows you to get the full experience, please feel free to join us with any supplies you have available.
- 8.5" x 11" piece of thin cardboard (from a cereal box, large pasta box, cracker box, etc.)
- Markers, sharpies, oil pastels, crayons, or fast-drying paint (preferably markers or sharpies)
- Plain paper
- Glue stick (preferably) or glue of any kind
- Paper towel
- Black sharpie
- Magazines or colorful printouts (optional)
- Patterned paper (optional)
- Any other pieces you would like to include on your puzzle!
Family First is presented by Novant Health
How To Participate
The workshop will be streamed live on Friday, August 7 at 3 pm via Zoom. Click/tap here to access and participate in the workshop on August 7. Use the password "28202" to access the Zoom broadcast.
Also, if you would like to watch the workshop live, please tune in to the Gantt Center's official YouTube channel here on August 7.