ABOUT THIS EVENT
On Sunday, October 29 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Inside|Out Charlotte will have a Day of the Dead event at the Shoppes at University Place*. This event pay homage to the historically rich Mexican holiday “El Dia De Los Muertos,” (Day of the Dead) which has been celebrated throughout the country for generations. The festival will include educational activities and booths to teach about the history and traditional “Day of the Dead” festivities and will also be a great cultural experience filled with arts & crafts, music and performances.
*Please note this event will take place at Shoppes at University Place at 8929 J M Keynes Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262.
- Traditional Mexican Music with the Mariachi Los Caporales
- Informational Booth Demonstrating the History and Traditions of Mexico with Phillip O. Berry High School ‐ This booth will have informational guides and handouts that describe the origins of the Day of the Dead and its traditions. This booth with include the Spanish club from Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology High School.
- Face Painting with Nelson Morales, Catherine and Maia ‐ A face painting station will be onsite for the duration of the event. Designs will be centered around the Day of the Dead.
- Paper Flowers Booth with Julio Gonzales ‐ This station will teach people the art of making paper flowers, a traditional decoration for the Day of the Dead.
- Step By Step with Inside|Out CLT Artist Sloane Siobhan ‐ Experience guided painting with Sloane Siobhan and take home your creation!
- BYOP - Bring Your Own Pumpkin with Georgie Nakima ‐ Participants will paint their pumpkins with fun and spooky designs to take home.
- Mask Making Workshop with Artist Cathay Dawkins ‐ Students will create a day of the dead skull mask, using an array of medium including; paint, glue, markers, glitter, & buttons.
Share This Info
Image credits: Frida Kahlo en el Estudio de Manuel Alvarez Bravo by Manuel Alvarez Bravo.