ABOUT THIS EVENT
On Saturday, November 4 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Inside|Out Charlotte will have a Day of the Dead event at the Shoppes at University Place*. This event pays homage to the historically rich Mexican holiday “El Dia De Los Muertos,” (Day of the Dead) which has been celebrated throughout the country for generations. The festival will include educational activities and booths to teach about the history and traditional “Day of the Dead” festivities and will also be a great cultural experience filled with arts & crafts, music and performances.
*Please note this event will take place at Shoppes at University Place at 8929 J M Keynes Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262.
- Traditional Mexican Music
- Informational Booth Demonstrating the History and Traditions of Mexico ‐ This booth will have informational guides and handouts that describe the origins of the Day of the Dead and its traditions.
- Face Painting ‐ A face painting station will be onsite for the duration of the event. Designs will be centered around the Day of the Dead.
- Paper Flowers Booth ‐ This station will teach people the art of making paper flowers, a traditional decoration for the Day of the Dead.
- Step By Step Painting ‐ Experience guided painting and take home your creation!
- BYOP - Bring Your Own Pumpkin ‐ Participants will paint their pumpkins with fun and spooky designs to take home.
- Mask Making Workshop ‐ Students will create a day of the dead skull mask, using an array of medium including; paint, glue, markers, glitter, & buttons.
Share This Info
Image credits: Frida Kahlo en el Estudio de Manuel Alvarez Bravo by Manuel Alvarez Bravo.